Message from the California Grand Master:
April 14, 2021
On April 2, 2021, the California Department of Public Health issued new guidance on gatherings, private events and meetings. This guidance updates California’s COVID-19 Blueprint for a Safer Economy, also known as the state’s reopening plan. The reopening plan assigns each county in California to a risk tier based upon the level of COVID-19 spread in that county. As part of these updates to the state’s reopening plan, indoor private events and meetings will be allowed, with limitations, beginning on April 15 in counties assigned to the red, orange and yellow tiers, but not to the purple tier.
At a high level, the applicable limitations are:
- Indoor private events and meetings are not permitted in counties assigned to the purple tier.
- There must be a guest list and a seating chart for any meeting or event.
- Attendees must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the last 72 hours.
- The facility must create and implement a COVID-19 site prevention plan.
- Under the California mask mandate, attendees must wear a face mask unless they are specifically exempted under the mandate.
Therefore, I have issued a new directive, effective April 15, 2021. Please read it, as well as the supporting documents, below.
Sincerely and fraternally,
ARTHUR H. WEISS